Infant Mental Health
What are Infant Mental Health Services at Intègro, llc?
Infant Mental Health is a Home Based service for parents and children ranging in age from infancy to 3 years of age.
It is long term, intensive, strength-based and comprehensive care. It provides services in the most natural setting – their own home.
What do these services include? Some services include are but are not limited to:
- Visits from a MI-AIMH endorsed clinician specifically trained to work with infants and toddlers
- Assessment of infant/toddler and family needs
- Develop goals set by the family – not the service provider
- Coordination with other services in the home
- Referrals to help meet other family needs
- Advocating for the infant/toddler and their families needs
- Helping parent to develop networks and support
- Assists parents to identify community resources
- Provides emotional support, strength, and positive interaction
- Provides developmental guidance
Why are these services important?
The first 5 years of a child’s life are the most important in terms of physical, social, and emotional development. It is during this time that the brain is working its hardest and forming pathways that are present for the rest of a child’s life. It is important to address needs as early as possible.
With Infant Mental Health – IT IS NEVER TOO EARLY.
Infant – 3 year old services may be a good fit for…….
- Difficulties with adjusting to a new baby
- Premature or special needs babies
- Single or adolescent parents
- Infants and toddlers with difficult temperaments
- Concerns with attachment
- Infant/Toddler who may not be growing as expected
- Closely spaced children
- Parents with a history of mental illness
- Parents with a history of substance abuse
- Families involved with Child Protective Services/Foster Care
- Chronic stress related to lack of financial resources